Sunday 11 March 2012

Black & Grey Stamping

Recently I was due to travel to a rather conservative conference for my "day job", for which I was planning on wearing something rather subdued and had already painted them a pretty mid silver by Essie, Fair Game.   But I had recently received my stamping kit (which was really reasonably priced from http://www.bornprettystore.com ) as well  as the matte polish I had also ordered, Suede Ink.  I'm not really sure what brand this polish is, but I think they refer to it as "New Magic" on the site.  Either way, it is quite a nice matte with silver flecks.
As I hadn't really had much of a play with the stamping gear I decided to put some designs in black over the silver.  I tried with a few blacks initially, but they just weren't opaque enough, but this matte was perfect, topped off with the silver flecks really showing up with a gloss top coat over the top ( I know how backwards that sounds to use a matte and then put a shiny top coat on, but it worked great!).


Not a great shot.  Essie Fair Game & New Magic Ink Suede

Now please keep in mind, I haven't had a huge amount of practising with these new tools and enthusiasm can only take one so far!  So, without further ado, here are the shots of the finished product, and yes, I also need to work on the capturing of the images to better showcase the nails!

Nice shot of the thumb

Crown & butterflies (one of the butterflies has lost a bit of her wing, because I didn't realise just how FAST you have to work when stamping

Nice overall shot

No comments:

Post a Comment